About usBack to Top
We are located at 93 Upper Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin.
Contained here are the Terms and Conditions which you must read and agree to before registering for the TutorHub Website. Please take a time to read and understand the Terms and Conditions before registering for the Tutor Hunt Website. Existing members shall be informed of these Terms and Conditions once they login. Continued registration with TutorHub is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time. Please make sure that your email address we have stored for you is current and you can access it. You can update your email address within your Personal Info section once you sign in.
DefinitionsBack to Top
1. The following expressions are given the following meanings:
(a) "Contract" means the agreement between the Tutor and the Tutee for the Tutor to perform services for the Tutee.
(b) "TutorHub Website" means the website operated by TutorHub.
(c) "Members" means Tutors and Tutees.
(d) "Tutee" means a person that uses the TutorHub Website with the intension of entering into a contractual relationship with a Tutor for the provision of tuition services by the Tutor to the Tutee or the Tutee's parent/guardian.
(e) "Tutor" means a person that has appropriate qualifications and experience to provide tuition services in the areas advertised by the Tutor on the TutorHub Website, with the intention of entering into a Contract to provide tuition to the Tutee or the Tutee's nominee.
2. In these Terms-
(a) words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; and
(b) words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa. General
3. All business undertaken by TutorHub, a Tutor and/or a Tutee or his parent/guardian is transacted subject to these Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and any other terms and conditions, these Terms shall prevail. Obligations of TutorHub and related provisions
4. The Tutor Hub Website has been established to allow a Tutee to contact a Tutor and to allow a Tutee to view the Tutor's profile.
5. Tutor Hub will take precautions it considers appropriate to keep the details of a Tutor and Tutee secure but will not be liable for unauthorised access to the information provided by a Tutor and Tutee on the Tutor Hub Website.
6. Tutor Hub is not responsible for appraising information on the Tutor Hunt Website. Members should exercise complete caution. Despite prohibitions, Members may provide information or otherwise behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading or illegal. Further, Tutor Hub can offer no guarantee that Members are who they say they are.
Tutor Duties / Tutee DutiesBack to Top
7. A Tutor warrants that he-
(a) is of at least eighteen years of age;
(b) has the necessary qualifications and/or experience to provide tuition in the subjects specified by the Tutor on the Tutor Hub Website.
8. Tutors who contact Tutees who are under the age of 18 must ensure that the Tutee has consent from a parent or a guardian to provide tuition services to the Tutee.
9. A Tutor is responsible for the prices quoted for his services on the Tutor Hub Website and for collection of all fees due to a Tutor from a Tutee. Tutor Hub is not liable to the Tutor for any fees that have not been paid and will not get involved in any disputes about fees between a Tutor and a Tutee.
10. A tutor takes full responsibility for all information that he provides on the Tutor Hub Website and must indemnify Tutor Hub in relation to any liability incurred by Tutor Hub as a result of such information.
11. A Tutor shall indemnify Tutor Hub for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Tutor of the Tutor Hub Website, including costs and expenses incurred.
12. A Tutor must contact a Tutee through the Tutor Hub Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
13. A Tutor must not be in any way abusive about a Tutee or his nominee on the Tutor Hub Website or any other place.
14. A Tutor is not an employee of Tutor Hub and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax, National Insurance and other liabilities arising from use of the Tutor Hub Website.
15. All information provided by a Tutor on the Tutor Hub Website must be accurate and kept up-to-date. This includes a correct name, address, telephone number and qualification/experience details. Details entered by the Tutor on the Tutor Hub Website will be publicly visible and may appear in search engine results.
16. Use of the Tutor Hub Website is entirely at a Tutor's own risk. A Tutor must exercise complete caution when using the Tutor Hub Website and entering into any agreements to provide tutoring services to a Tutee.
17. A Tutee who is under 18 years of age must have consent from a parent or a guardian to register and that parent or guardian must enter into any agreement with a Tutor to provide tuition services. It is the responsibility of that parent/guardian to check the credentials of the Tutor. Tutor Hub is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent or any problems that a Tutee or a patent/guardian has experienced with a Tutor.
18. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, is responsible for verifying the credentials, expertise, references, CRB checks, Garda vetting and qualifications of any Tutor with whom he enters into or proposes to enter into a Contract. Tutor Hub does not offer any guarantee that any information provided on the Tutor Hub Website is accurate and correct.
19. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, accepts that his Contract for tuition services is with the Tutor. Tutor Hub is not a party to such a Contract and is not responsible for the performance of any obligations agreed or impliedly agreed through actions between the Tutor and Tutee.
20. A Tutee must contact a Tutor through the Tutor Hub Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
21. A Tutee agrees not to use Tutor Hub to advertise, promote or search for tuition services for their own company, nor may an agency acting for a company register to promote their services or opportunities. Tuition agencies wanting to promote their service on Tutor Hub should contact us.
22. A Tutee cannot act as an agent to promote the services or opportunities of a company.
23. A Tutee must not publish any abusive comments about a Tutor or a Tutee on the Tutor Hub Website or any other place. This include defamatory or derogatory comments.
24. Tutor Hub is not responsible for examination entry; this is the sole responsibility of the Tutee.
4. Consumer rightsBack to Top
4.1 Any rights regarding cancellation and refunds will be at our sole discretion and no such refunds will be given where you have breached these Conditions.
4.2 You are informed that you have a period of seven working days starting from the time of your first purchase on the Website to obtain a full refund of your purchase. However, this right is lost should you access and or use the element of the service you purchased.
5. Accessing our siteBack to Top
5.1 Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
5.2 From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
5.3 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Conditions.
5.4 When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy set out in clauses 10 to 12 inclusive.
6.1 You warrant that you shall comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and any other relevant legal requirements in respect of data protection.
6.2 You agree to indemnify us against any loss; damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) incurred by us a result of your breach of the above warranty.
7. Intellectual property rightsBack to Top
7.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
7.2 You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
7.3 http://www.tutorhub.ie is a trade mark and a domain name owned us.
8. Reliance on information postedBack to Top
8.1 Commentary and other materials posted on our site are for guidance purposes only. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. You must make all appropriate investigations before entering into an engagement with a Tutor or Tutee
8.2 We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to verify or update such material.
8.3 Any information is provided for your personal use and it must not be used for any further commercial purpose, such as the resale or further distribution to a wider audience.
9 our liabilityBack to Top
9.1 The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
(a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
(b) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Services, our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
9.2 This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
9.3 Subject to clauses 9.1, 9.2 and 9.4, the Company's aggregate liability in respect of claims based on events arising out of or in connection with the Services, these Conditions or any collateral contract, whether in contract or tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the total charges paid by you for Membership Fees in the calendar year in which the claim arises.
9.4 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
10. Uploading material to our siteBack to Top
10.1 Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the acceptable use policy set out in clauses 10 to 12 inclusive. You warrant that any such contributions (Contributions) do comply with that policy, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
10.3 We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
10.4 Contributions must be accurate (where they state facts), be genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in the Republic of Ireland and in any country from which they are posted.
10.5 Contributions must not:
(a) Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
(b) Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
(c) Promote sexually explicit material;
(d) Promote violence.
(e) Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
(f) Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
(g) Be likely to deceive any person;
(h) Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
(I) promote any illegal activity;
(j) Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
(K) Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person;
(l) Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
(m) Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
(n) Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
(o) contain any direct contact details including email addresses, phone numbers, web addresses, facebook pages or similar unless it is expressly stated that they are allowed.
10.6 We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with our acceptable use policy set out in clauses 10 to 12 inclusive or as we believe in our sole discretion is prudent or necessary to minimise or eliminate our potential liability.
10.7 You shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your Contributions and for ensuring that that they are current and up to date.
10.8 We have no obligation to you, and undertake no responsibility, to review your Contributions (including user-generated content) to determine whether they may result in any liability to any third party.
10.9 You shall indemnify us against all damages, losses and expenses arising as a result of any action or claim that any material posted, or linked to, our site by you constitutes a breach of our acceptable use policy set out in clauses 10 to 12 inclusive.
11. Prohibited uses of our siteBack to Top
11.1 You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
(a) In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
(b) In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
(c) For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
(d) To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our acceptable use policy as set out in clauses 10 to 12 inclusive;
(e) To transmit or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
(f) To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
11.2 You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
(a) Any part of our site;
(b) Any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
(c) Any software used in the provision of our site; or
(d) Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
12. Interactive servicesBack to Top
12.1 We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation, chat rooms and bulletin boards (Interactive Services). Where we do provide any Interactive Service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
12.2 We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
13. Suspension and terminationBack to Top
13.1 We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Conditions through your use of our site. When a breach of these Conditions has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
13.2 Failure to comply with these Conditions may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
(a) Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your membership and the right to use our site;
(b) Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
(c) Issue of a warning to you;
(d) Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
(e) Further legal action against you; or
(f) Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
13.3 We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Conditions. The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
13.4 You are responsible for cancelling your membership subscription and/or closing your account when you no longer require our services. Hiding your profile from public view will not cancel your subscription or close your account. To cancel your membership subscription and/or close your account goes to Help and Membership on your members menu.
14. Linking to our site and links from our siteBack to Top
14.1 You may link to our home page, or any other public page on our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
14.2 Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
14.3 If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to us via our website contact page
14.4 Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
15. Written communicationsBack to Top
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
16. NoticesBack to Top
All notices given by you to us must be given to http://www.TutorHub.ie 93 Upper Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when you join or placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause15 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
17. Transfer of rights and obligationsBack to Top
17.1 These Conditions are binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
17.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under these Conditions without our prior written consent.
17.3 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of any of our rights or obligations arising under these Conditions at any time.
18. Events outside our controlBack to Top
18.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Conditions that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
18.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
19. WaiverBack to Top
19.1 If we fail at any time to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under these Conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
19.2 No waiver by us of any of these Conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 15 above.
20. SeverabilityBack to Top
If any of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
21. Entire agreementBack to Top
21.1 These Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to their subject matter.
21.2 We each acknowledge that neither of us relies on, or will have any remedies in respect of, any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Conditions or the documents referred to in them.
21.3 Each of us agrees that our only liability in respect of those representations and warranties that are set out in this agreement (whether made innocently or negligently) will be for breach of contract.
21.4 Nothing in this clause limits or excludes any liability for fraud.
22. Our right to vary these conditionsBack to Top
22.1 We have the right to revise and amend these Conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities.
22.2 You will be subject to the latest Conditions in force at the time that you become a Member or which are in force at the time you login to our website or when your membership is automatically renewed in accordance with clause 2.7 above, unless any change to these Conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority.
23. Law and jurisdictionBack to Top
23.1 These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by law and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic Of Ireland.
24. Your concernsBack to Top
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us via our website contact page. Contact Form
25. Login requirementBack to Top
Unfettered carers must log in at least once every 60 days. Accounts who do not comply will be removed...
26. FeesBack to Top
26.1 Members of the Website are permitted to search for Candidates. In order for Employers or other Members alike to contact Candidates on the Website the Employers will need to have an up to date paid for account.
26.2 Employers can post on the Website, their need for and any roles they may have available to Candidates for free. In order for an Employer to access a reply from a Candidate; a payment is required.
26.3 YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO CANDIDATES WITH IN THE PERIOD THAT YOU HAVE PAID FOR, AFTER THIS PERIOD ACCESS WILL BE RESTRICTED.
Refund PolicyBack to Top
26.4 Tutorhub.ie payments are non-refundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially unused periods.